7/26/2017

15th Anniversary

We went to...



Pocono Palace in East Stroudsburg, PA.

We had a great trip!  The price was steep for how un-well kept the rooms were. But it was what I was expecting. And after a few drinks, we chuckled about it. 

We started with driving golf balls (off of mushrooms, in the middle of the golf course because the workers did not know that there was an actual driving range 🙄) Then we grabbed lunch, and returned to enjoy a live Newly Weds Game and then played Bingo.  We then tried Archery- I was awful except for my one bullseye.  Then we swam in our personal heart shaped pool and sat in our personal sauna- both in our suite. Soon it was time for our romantic dinner of steak and lobster!! There was a live band and an awful stand up comedian for night time entertainment. I was pretty bummed that there was no real dancing ☹️, I was SO READY to dance.  So, we got to tryout our champagne hot tub (after the 1/2 hour it took to fill it up, lol). I loved all of the star lights all over the suite. 



















Sunday, we enjoyed breakfast, strolled down to the lake and nature trail, and then watched Jason DESTROY the original PacMan machine's high score. Then we had our 2.5 hour drive home😞.

 I was not ready to go.  It would be great if we could afford a whole weekend there.  We will go back one day, but probably won't stay in the champagne suite again.

Even though it wasn't anything we could easily afford right now, it needed to be done. We have to remember to celebrate each other, especially after the year we've had. 


Our room... not what I was expecting a "4 level suite" to look like!


The tree next to our suite.





No comments: