8/23/2014

Sea Isle City

 We had an interesting week and Sea Isle City, New Jersey.  The kids seem to have a great time with the whole Liounis clan, etc.  I LOVED having my new IPhone so that I could easily take fantastic pictures.(Warning!! Picture overload!). We were supposed to have rain and low 80s the whole week, but we only got rain on the way home today.  The house was big enough for us all and the beach was more relaxing than OCNJ.  I like it better... Except that there is no Mac & Manco's. We made the trip twice to OCNJ for those slices of a Heaven. All four kids loved the water!  Jimmy didn't have enough fear... He would run straight in and dive head first. He was grumpy (he has 8 teeth coming in) and tired the first few days but by the end of the week was happy, happy, happy!  He is 100% a Daddy's boy. Jackson had absolutely NO ISSUES  with a new home, the sand, or the water... He was a maniac. He let me take him out deep but held on tight. He LOVED playing Army dudes on the beach with Poppop and tossing shovels full of sand up in the air. Jennibelle was out in the big waves on her own, she enjoyed trying to ride them in and doing synchronized swimming/dancing with Jaylee. Jaylee and I collected shells early in the morning. She has mastered enjoying the big waves. Jason got to stay with us for four days!! Woo hoo!!!   Enjoy...

Jaylee always seems to match Aunt Mandy.

It wouldn't be a trip to the beach without seagull poop on Mandy! During her five mins of relaxation. 

Jenni just chillin!

We caught a crab on our night beach walk. Jimmy is 100% a Daddy's boy!





Morgan and Cole.

They could barely keep up with Poppop on the beach!


Building their Army trenches before the war started.









And yes... That is the 12 month old bathing suit that he wore for the first 3 summers. It's Jimmy's now, but Hack had to borrow it for a day... It doesn't even look too small :(

That's why we bring our own decorations...

Oh look, Jimmy is crying (insert eye roll).

I think Jack was worn out... He was delirious and times, even falling asleep at 6:30 two nights! 



Making salsa with Nan.


Grandma Stringham's potato and ham casserole was a hit.

Sweatshirt shopping on the boards with Nan. The girls love this tradition. I have to say that I do too!

Sorry sliders and Uno and Spot It.

Way too long bike ride on the promenade.



Cape May County free zoo! 

Jack is often too tired to walk :( 

I actually hate selfies!!!!

Jenni's peace is always interrupted.  She wouldn't know what to do with herself if it wasn't. 

Both boys loved having Georgia there.


Jaylee is always taking cool pictures...



Mac & Manco's was DELICIOUS!! 




We look good for a six A.M. seashell search.



Our annual trip to the seashell museum. Jack got his first shell this year... It is painted like Superman. This boy LOVES sharks!
 

Here are our official family portraits, though George wasn't there for it...



Poppop took us crabbing... All 3 big kids caught at least one. I helped by catching a water bottle. 





Jaylee was so sarcastically proud of the minnow she caught ;)

These boys love to fish!  Jack caught one!  (They DO have fishing poles in their hands).

Mandy found the perfect mustached-pickle for Jenni!!  And she was thrilled that her first tomato was red when we got home.

Jaylee bought herself yet another hermit crab... Sigh.

I got to meet up with Darlene AND Nick!!!
Dinner on the bay and a few Rum & Vodkas at an outside bar downtown.


I love vacation, though I tend to get too excited, and then it never lives up to my great expectations. But the kids always have a GREAT time. There was some fighting this trip... unwanted surprises, betrayal, all-out lies... but I guess that comes with the territory when you have all those women boxed in together.  Time to move on... maybe next year I'll have more realistic expectations.

3 comments:

Mark and Jennifer said...

I so loved every picture! I will look/read this many times!

Unknown said...

Great Time, Great People, Fond, Fond Memories! Family is what it is all about! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

The J's said...

I finally got all of the pictures up!!!