Cerebrun 2014
We did it!!! Today was our first mud run... hopefully not our last mud run! It was fun, new, challenging, and an accomplishment. I am not in good shape at all... I tried P90X a few months back, but it didn't stick for more than 6 weeks (Imagine that!). I was nervous about being the old, fat, out-of-shape lady, but it was a relaxed, fun time. We teamed up with Brian and Karyn Kashian and their friends Roger and Kelly. It was held in Delta and the weather was perfect... high 70's and sunny with a nice breeze blowing. The farm was HILLY!! There were about 6 mental challenges... memorizing quotes, replicating a Lego design, carrying a bag of 13-17 lbs up a VERY large hill, etc...There were around 12 physical obstacle courses... I did all of them except I was too short to get over the last wall. They were physical but fun and I felt a great sense of accomplishment at each one. Grant it... not all obstacles were done exactly as they were planned. Instead of trying to swing on the 20 monkey bars across the mud pit, I had Jason help me climb on top of them and then crawled across. There is no way I could have done half of the obstacles without Jason. Because we were in a group, we ended up walking more than we actually ran. It took almost 3 hours to complete the course. Some bizarre running man was telling me that he took second place, finishing in 1 hour and 15 minutes. I'm proud of us. I went out 2 nights go and bought us spandex outfits from Walmart that we could trash after the race, but we've had no rain for a week, so the race was more of a "dirt run". We'll save them for our next race!


1 comment:
I'm impressed that you did so well! I wouldn't have lasted more than an half an hour! You look good---nice and fit!
Post a Comment