January 23, 2014
Hi Mrs. Stringham,
I just wanted to touch base with you regarding an incident that occurred at school on Friday. Apparently Jennibelle sent a note home with her friend Allison on Friday. When Allison got home and read the note, it said "take this home and read it to your family". On the inside it said "You Are We Todd did". Allison was a bit upset about the note because Jennibelle is her friend and wanted her to read this to her family. I know Jennibelle has the sweetest heart and that she only intended it to be funny, so when she came to school today, the three of us went out into the hall to discuss it. Jennibelle was very apologetic and Allison was so forgiving. It was a complete misunderstanding. I did mention to Jennibelle that even though we think things are funny, not everyone perceives it the same way. We also talked about the word "retarded" and that if someone has a special needs family member, that could really offend them. She completely understood and the girls were great the rest of the day. I just wanted you to know so that if Jennibelle talks to you about it, you have a heads up. Jennibelle continues to be a sweet compassionate little girl who is a great role model in our room.
No comments:
Post a Comment