I've seen her more the past few weeks than I have over the past 10 years, but I miss her more than ever.
I miss her smile...
it's been dwindling over the past few years. It seemed with each TIA, her smiles became less frequent. But since her world was turned upside down two months ago, I can count on one hand the times I've seen er truly smile.
She is so tired lately also, without an appetite... what a vicious cycle!! She's now taking Ensure shakes for my Mom and it seems to at least be helping regulate her blood sugars. She wakes, dresses, naps, uses the bathroom, naps, comes to the table for dinner and gets ready for bed. She can make it up the stairs at my Mom's house with assistance, but I'm not sure for how much longer. She now uses a walker and shuffles her little bunnioned feet.
Each time I see her, she tells me that she is "just happy to be alive another day!" But, apparently it is another story when she talks to my Mom. She is repeatedly having dreams that she has died, yet they don't wake her in a cold sweat... can you imagine EVER being "ready"??? I simply can not...
I miss you Mommom!!!!
I hope she knows how much she is loved... we tell her all the time and tried to show her with our monthly visits and weekly phone calls, but everyone needs to feel love differently. I hope she knows that she is surrounded by it.
May 19, 2013 At Meg's Baby Shower
**************
Things I never want to forget about Mommom:
*"Budd-Y!" when it was time to eat
*clothes shopping for school every fall
*Wawa or Little Caesar lunch at her house every Sunday after church
*Her pound cake... yum!
*When she bought me the same perfume as her (in college) b/c I had complimented hers
*How she always gave Jason a hard time about shaving his hair off.
*Her beautiful flower gardens
*She always let me pick her "bunny ear" plants that were so soft.
*We always had vanilla ice cream with sugared strawberries at her house
*The candy dish!!!
*All of the cookie and tasty cake containers rubberbanded closed in her pantry
*How clean her Ford Tauruses were - and with a box of tissues in the back seat
*The day at the Mall that she left me accidentally at the top of the escalator b/c I was afraid to go down it... she had to come up the elevator to get me!
*Just two months ago, she was kicking a beach ball around her house with Jackson
*She liked my blue and white checkered silverware so much that she asked me to buy her some
*She'd let us come bug her every month with the kids to say hello, eat lunch, and chit chat.
*The coin game where we'd "race" up the stairs
*Her arts and crafts drawer
*The time she yelled at me for singing "Bad Bad Bad Bad Boys... You Make me Feel so Good..."
*"Budd-Y!" when it was time to eat
*clothes shopping for school every fall
*Wawa or Little Caesar lunch at her house every Sunday after church
*Her pound cake... yum!
*When she bought me the same perfume as her (in college) b/c I had complimented hers
*How she always gave Jason a hard time about shaving his hair off.
*Her beautiful flower gardens
*She always let me pick her "bunny ear" plants that were so soft.
*We always had vanilla ice cream with sugared strawberries at her house
*The candy dish!!!
*All of the cookie and tasty cake containers rubberbanded closed in her pantry
*How clean her Ford Tauruses were - and with a box of tissues in the back seat
*The day at the Mall that she left me accidentally at the top of the escalator b/c I was afraid to go down it... she had to come up the elevator to get me!
*Just two months ago, she was kicking a beach ball around her house with Jackson
*She liked my blue and white checkered silverware so much that she asked me to buy her some
*She'd let us come bug her every month with the kids to say hello, eat lunch, and chit chat.
*The coin game where we'd "race" up the stairs
*Her arts and crafts drawer
*The time she yelled at me for singing "Bad Bad Bad Bad Boys... You Make me Feel so Good..."
No comments:
Post a Comment