12/25/2009

Christmas Eve and Day

Christmas 2009
As Sponge Bob puts it...
"This is the best day ever..."
The Stringhams
Christmas Eve '09
Jaylee 6 Jennibelle 4
Jason 29 Jenn 29


Mandy made Greek Mannicotti
we sang Happy Bday to Jesus
we exchanged some gifts
We gave Mandy a Bible
Brian a Starbucks gift card
Morgan a piggy bank, crayons, and book about her
They surprised my parents with tix to a Christmas show...


Meg and Mandy couldn't find Zhou Zhou pets,
so they bought the real thin...
2 Hamsters for the girls.
BOY were they surprised!!
Morgan liked them too!!
Singing Happy Birthday to Jesus.


The Three Amigos!
Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful...
Beautiful girls!!


When we came home, the girls got to open their gifts from Seattle.
The girls were soo happy to find LPS and Barbies!!!
I was psyched to find an Olive graden Gift Card
and Jason was thrilled to get some Seahawks gear!!
We also received a secret surprise from his parents as well as some Barbies for the girls!!!
We have WAY too much stuff!!

The girls helped make Grandma and Grandpa a book.
We had Becca's family this year and it was fun to go Christmas shopping in Seattle in October!!
We got the kids some toys, Becca a much-needed new curling iron (though I doubt she'll part with her old one!) and a new mouse pad for Jason at work.
We really miss not being with the clan on Holidays but am thankful for free long distance!!


We are so thankful to be so blessed with family, fun, and toys!!

Jaylee was in no joking mode when it was time for bed...
she was ready for Santa and was very annoyed with Jenni & I b/c we were taking too long to get to bed!!!
They were out by 8 and I was asleep by 9!!


Christmas Day 5 am

This is the first year EVER that I did not wake the girls up at 4am!
They were so excited but sooo well behaved and calm and soooo appreciative!!!
They make me more proud everday!

Jennibelle my cutie-pie

Jason and the girls repainted this coffee table for me!!
They also made me a "Christmas Jar" that we will fill with our loose change and next year we will secretly deliver it as a family to someone we know who is in need on Christmas Eve.
Jason wants us to do this each year.
I'm a sucker for traditions so this one is definately my favorite gift!
I do love my coffee table too though!


This is how Santa left the tree.
This is the most gifts we've ever had.
BUT, we totally rocked the budget...
appx $50 for each kid and $100 for us.
yard sales, craigslist, and good deals...
One of the reasons today was just so darn enjoyable was because we were not stressed about money at all!!!


Jaylee after opening her Nintendo DS...
Santa even programmed in a golden retreiver named Boop!!

Jason:
XBOX with games
Home Beer Brewing kit
Home made calendar
Jenn:
Violin
Coffee table
Gift card
Christmas Jar
Jaylee:
Barbie cruise ship
Barbies and accessories
Nintendo DS
books
Jenni:
Play kitchen
Littlest Pet Shop house & animals
Jewelry box
Playdough
Me opening my violin.
Jason opening his XBOX...
we finally surprised him with a gift!

The girls got snuggies from Meg & Ryan,
who also gave us a gift cert for dinner,
while they babysit for us!!
We got Meg some bunny PJs and Ryan a Tshirt!!
Mandy & Meg bought us a cool projector for TV shows, DVDs and the XBOX.
Mandy and Brian bought us 4 laser tag guns...
which we are PSYCHED about!!!
They also go the girls some Barbies!!

This is Jenni searching for the pickle,
though Jaylee found it this year.
Does anyone else hide the pickle in the tree?

Santa even brought the hamsters a ball to run around in!

On Christmas afternoon, Nan & Poppop came over.
The ONLY thing Jaylee asked for this year was a Barbie House...
after Santa didn't bring one, I thought she'd be bummed but she wasn't b/c she got "so much other cool stuff!!"
She was SUPER excited when she opened this from them!!
We got Poppop a funny gift to inspire him to fulfill his dreams!!
We got Nan a digital frame filled with pix for her Office.
We got Meg these PJ's...
She could be a model!
Nan & Poppop gave the girls LOTS of Barbies,
Jason a few outfits for work,
and they got me the Cricut!!! So cool!!!
This was seriously the best Christmas of my life!!!!!!
It was so laid back, fun & exciting!!
Jason made breakfast
He & I got to take a short nap
We picked at meatballs that I made day before
we played Barbies & XBOX
the girls did not fight one time!
we sang Christmas songs while I attempted to play my violin
Happy Birthday Jesus!!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a FUN Christmas Jenn! I love, love, LOVED reading all about it. You have such a wonderful family!! I love all your traditions and we may have to steal some of them! :)

PS. We love all of our gifts and I will, of course, be using my new curling iron! Thanks again!

jjstringham said...

Yay! I'm glad your Christmas was so awesome. Can't wait to her some of that violin. :)

Mark and Jennifer said...

This was so fun to read!! Sounds like the perfect Christmas. We all laughed when Becca opened her gift. Definitely a needed item for her. Never heard of hiding a pickle in the tree. Is this your family's tradition? I finally got my present from Becca today and we love it. I can't believe how many memories there are in there. Memories that in my mind could get lost and forgotten. Thanks so much!